We at the Rotary Club of Marana are dedicated to "Service Above Self.” We engage this principle in our personal and business lives and in our commitment to local and international service projects.
· provide dictionaries to third grade students in the Marana Unified School District.
· support the Marana Food Bank.
· sponsor Interact, a youth service club, at Tortolita Middle School.
· teamed with Coyote Trail Elementary School to build a therapeutic and exploratory play area for their students with the most complex developmental and physical needs.
· sponsor an aid station at the annual El Tour de Tucson bike race.
· participate in Boxes for Troops, a program that sends boxes full of needed and not-so-needed items to troops abroad at Christmas time.
· sponsor a Marana family for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
· ride in El Tour de Tucson to fundraise for the Eradication of Polio
· bought a school bus in Vikravandi, India to bring to school hundreds of children with developmental disabilities in rural areas that were receiving no education.
· provided Shelter Boxes in Haiti.
· built a playground and school for the children of the Ntabangwe Village, Zimbabwe.
· provided water and irrigation for a village in Zimbabwe where starvation was customary.
· provided memory screening and service support in Nogales, Sonora.
· are partners in a clean-water project for schools and orphanages in Nogales, Sonora.
To encourage world peace, our club also participates in the Rotary Youth Exchange program, sponsoring local high school students to spend a school year in a different country and hosting students from around the world here in Marana.
The Rotary Club of Marana was chartered in 1988. While we are a small club, we are diverse in age, gender, ethnicity and profession. We are also one of the most welcoming, friendliest and hardest working clubs around!
Visit us at www.maranarotary.org